Are you ready to rebuild your life?
YouthBuild is for young people ages 16 to 24 that have struggled or dropped out of school. The program helps these young people get their education and training in a career track. YouthBuild teaches job skills in construction, health care, child development or culinary arts. The program’s goal is to help young people achieve education goals, learn new skills, and become successful community members.
The core YouthBuild program runs for seven months. Participants are paid a small amount of money while in the program. Each student will work on GED prep and participate in construction training. Construction training takes place on a live worksite, building houses for low income families. Eligible students may then take part in a second career track. After completing the program, YouthBuild participants continue to receive support for up to a year to help them find a job or go to college.
- Get your GED or focus on college prep
- Learn skills in the area of construction
- Participate in a career track:
- health care
- child care
- Earn national certifications
- Earn an allowance to help financially while you are going to school
- Participate in an internship
- Learn new leadership skills
- Get help with job placement or college
- Access to a skilled case manager/counselor to help you get your life back on track
- Create a better life for yourself and your family
To be eligible, youth must be:
- Ages 16-24
- A resident of New York State for at least one year prior to enrollment
- A resident of Troy ( Certificate of Residence Required)
- A high school dropout or deficient in the areas of numeracy or literacy as measured by the TABE ™ Test
- Looking to make a positive transformation
And one of the following:
- A youth in foster care
- A youth offender
- A youth with a disability
- A migrant youth
- A youth who is the child of an incarcerated parent
- Or a member of a low income family according to the income eligibility guidelines below
To learn more about CEO’s YouthBuild program, please contact:
Thomas Mueller, YouthBuild Program Manager
Phone: (518) 237-0583
YouthBuild is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. It is funded in part by the US Department of Labor.