One of the best ways to save money is to reduce your heat and electricity usage. By reducing the energy your home uses each day, you can:
- Save on your utility bills each month
- Make your home safer and more comfortable
- Reduce pollution
CEO is proud to offer EmPower New York, a program that can help you lower your home energy use through FREE appliance and fixture upgrades. CEO contractors will inspect your home to find where energy is being wasted and decide which upgrades are right for your home.
Some of the possible upgrades include:
- Light bulbs and light fixtures
- Energy Star-rated refrigerators
- Changing to gas dryers (if applicable)
Upgrades will be chosen based on the needs of your home.
CEO can also teach you new habits you can use to lower your energy use even further. We will also check your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors to make sure they are working correctly.
Eligibility for EmPower New York is based on where you live and your income. You may be eligible for CEO’s EmPower New York program if you:
- Currently live in or near Rensselaer County
- Are living in a building with 100 units or less
- Have a household income of less than 60% of the state median income (i.e. HEAP eligible)
- Are currently enrolled in a utility payment assistance program
For more information on CEO’s EmPower New York program, please contact:
John Champitto, Director of Housing Services
Phone: (518) 272-6012 Ext. 321